2012年6月10日星期日

High School Study Abroad Programs With Abbey Road Help Develop Language Proficiency

High School Study Abroad Programs With Abbey Road Help Develop Language Proficiency

Traveling abroad with Abbey Road is guaranteed to make you a better speaker by immersing you in the culture of the country you are visiting.

Michael Mallon went to Nice, France with Abbey Road in 2009 and credits his experience with helping him ace his SAT Subject Test in French.

he test was fantastic! I got my score back,hogan vendita, and it is 730 out of 800, considered to be an incredible score,?said Mallon. owe much of that score to Abbey Road, especially because the test included listening, which for me improved greatly while I was on my trip.?
Mallon noted that living in one city in France, rather than just passing through on a multi-city, multi-country visit, allowed him to deepen his experience with the language and culture.

made friends with some local skateboarders, which not only gave me an opportunity to learn colloquial French,mbt schuhe günstig, but also provided for some great action photography for my elective course,?said Mallon.

Cara Siskind, who traveled to Bologna, Italy with Abbey Road in 2006, returned to her high school in the fall to find that her Italian skills had improved enough to move up two course levels.

took Italian 2 in 2006,mbt schuhe günstig, and because of my studying during the summer with Abbey Road,hogan vendita, I skipped up to Italian 4,?Siskind said. y teacher even took me aside after I handed in my first assignment to tell me I had impressed him and that I had the best work of my class.?br />
loved the small classes and relaxed atmosphere,?said Hannah Rosenthal, who attended Abbey Road program in Ciz, Spain in 2004. thought the conversation class was especially helpful because it made me more confident in my actual spoken Spanish.?br />
Abbey Road parents comment upon the programs?high-quality academics.

he academic aspects of the program were, from Sarah's vantage point, sensational, most especially the quality of the professors and the venues,?said Bill Placke, whose daughter Sarah went to Florence, Italy with Abbey Road in 2004. t is clear the whole package prepared her better for college life.?

arushka had an AMAZING time in France and all of the other wonderful places she visited,hogan,?said Tilo and Cris Mujic, who sent their daughter on an Abbey Road trip to Cannes in 2005. er experiences there enriched her French studies beyond what we could have imagined.?br />
In addition to developing language proficiency, Abbey Road students discover new cultures and worldviews as they travel around new regions of the world.

his summer,scarpe hogan, I escaped from my close-knit circle of friends and my secured city boundaries to explore the world beyond my doorstep,?said Maja Tosic, who went on Abbey Road Western Civilization trip in 2009. his trip allowed me to dip my toes in the fountain of humanity. It gave me a new awareness of the surrounding cultures by allowing me to experience things through different viewpoints.?br />
bbey Road gave me the opportunity to apply my Spanish to everyday life and gave me the chance to learn about a whole new culture,?said Anne Goodman of her time in Ciz in 2009.

Abbey Road alumni often speak of the uniqueness of their experiences, noting that they found themselves immersed in their new lives overseas.

hile in France,mbt zum Verkauf, meeting local people was extremely helpful because I had to practice speaking French with them,?said Mackenzie Selzer of her 2009 Abbey Road program in Nice. t was so much fun going out with friends, knowing where to get the best cre that you could buy, and, of course, knowing where to shop!?br />
t not just that my Spanish has improved, it that Ie seen a world that I have never seen before,?said Lindsey Krummell of her 2009 Abbey Road trip to Ciz. e danced flamenco and sung in the middle of the streets for a scavenger hunt. Ie seen fish bigger than I am, and climbed thirty-four flights of stairs to see another glimpse of Spain.? Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论